Hi folks, regulars know that we have an issue with spam of a volume  not seen before, be assured the technical folk know about this.

In the meantime can I ask folk to stop reporting this via the report button. What is happening is that any report raised, results in a report for every item the spammer has posted, so the same miscreant can result in 20/30 - 40 posts, which need to be cleared individually, you'll appreciated a very time consuming job for us poor mods, and thanks here to the mods who have spent time on this.

So for the forseeable future could you please, not use the report button for spam, use in the normal way for all other reports, but rather where spam is the issue, PM me simply say, 'Spam in Gen tech', etc and I'll sort without all the consequences of multiple reports.

Thanks folks, 

John.

• 2 months later...

Bumped this post today as spammers are on the go again, BUT PLEASE don't use the report button, 

but rather PM me/other mods.

Using the report button can raise multiple reports that take  a long time to delete.

Thanks

John.