Driving in France Crit'air

Just been through this. If you look at the France web site that allows you to apply for these I don't think it will allow you to actually apply for one. They are only needed in some areas so I would check your route doesn't include any of these areas. I found the RAC guidance (search there web site) to driving in France useful as it's been a number of years since I had been to France.

Hope this helps

Neil

We did 1600 miles over France last summer in the 6 and had no problems at all but we did avoid any large towns and cities. I’m sure someone will be along soon with any information that may have changed.

Vehicles registered in France as voiture de collection (Historic) are exempt since 2022 I imagine foreign registered cars with the equivalent registration would also be exempt. You are supposed to get a sticker for historic vehicles but it does not yet appear to be available. The whole system is new so I would expect some flexibility. There are only a very few places where it is applicable and I have not heard of it being enforced yet. The following article lists current and future ZFE’s (low emission zones)

https://www.renestance.com/blog/how-will-frances-low-emission-zones-impact-you/

cheers

Alan

Hello All 

Go to Spain!

Just a sample of what we did/saw and nice peple and a 2000 mile trip over 3 weeks

Plus they love classic Cars

Roger and the Memsahib

DSC05906.JPG

DSC05915.JPG

DSC05940.JPG

DSC05829.JPG

DSC05837.JPG

DSC05797.JPG

DSC05765.JPG

DSC05766.JPG

DSC05752.JPG

DSC05677.JPG

DSC05686.JPG

It looks like a number of EU countries are in process of passing various ULEZ controls according to this article

(you may need to install the free utility "bypass-paywalls-clean" to read)

What's most concerning is cities where it appears anything pre-2006 may be banned