The angle of the glass does not equate with the windscreen frame (all new) and I usually get away with tilting the windscreen frame so it lines up. Tried that and nearside is good but drivers side is not good(hitting the top) and is surprising how much the windscreen frame moves when the glass hits the top. What adjustment is in the winder mechanism.If you can tilt the glass what happens with the channel guides as I can see it will jam up.

Frustrating!!!

Can you help?

Regards Harry

You can shim the channels to gain some adjustment but its a fiddly job for me at least! 

I think the windscreen frames on the drivers sides get "bent" down through folk using it to pull themselves out of the car making the gap too small at the top.

I just managed to get it to fit but each side but still required a different pilar seal diameter on each side.

The glass is flat so at worse you could have a new one made to fit if all else fails.

Andy

I take your point on the driver pulling the top of the windscreen. It is a soft top TR6.

I can usually over force the frame and when it settles job is a good un. But not this one.

Hood gets fitted Monday so not much time.

Regards Harry 

22 minutes ago, harrytr5 said:

I take your point on the driver pulling the top of the windscreen. It is a soft top TR6.

I can usually over force the frame and when it settles job is a good un. But not this one.

Hood gets fitted Monday so not much time.

Regards Harry 

Does it measure the same on both sides ie top of screen to top of B posts?

4 hours ago, PodOne said:

I think the windscreen frames on the drivers sides get "bent" down through folk using it to pull themselves out of the car making the gap too small at the top.

Andy

That’s a fair point that I hadn’t considered. I’ve found a twist in my TR5 screen when I’ve been checking the hood frame fit before prep for paint. The dimension screen top corner to top of B post is 20mm less on right side than left side. 
I loosened screen frame mounts on both sides, pushed left side back, tightened it then propped right side forward with a timber strut before tightening that. Got around 10mm out of it but didn’t want to force the issue anymore as didn’t want to risk cracking the already installed screen. 
Haven’t tried door glass against frame yet. That’s next. 
I’ve had to give the hood frame front header rail a bit if a twist forward to ease the fit, as the fastener pegs seemed to be entering the catches in the screen frame at the wrong angle. Now feels a lot better to engage and disengage. This hood frame hadn’t been on the car before so was being introduced to screen frame for first time. 

Dave McD