Wow. That looks superb and gives me the incentive to try and restore mine to that condition.

Time to do a Proper Job.

Sorry chaps thats awful, whoever paid that price needs his eyes testing.Paintwork is abysmal!

Stuart.

The panel gaps look a bit off, I'd say.

I get emails about all these auctions, for some reason, and I play a game of looking at the cars I find interesting and guessing how much they'll go for. I thought this TR would go for about £30k, but it seems to me that TR4As are on the rise, despite the classic car market being a bit depressed. E type V12s are also going up (from a very low base) while the earlier 4.2s seem to be declining.

I've got a '67 TR4A that I bought many years ago which, apart from the 72 spoke wires, is all original (including paint) and almost like new as it's only done 20k miles - it's a time warp - so I look out for similar cars. 

TR4A

Edited by Steppenwolf
1 hour ago, Steppenwolf said:

The panel gaps look a bit off, I'd say.

I get emails about all these auctions, for some reason, and I play a game of looking at the cars I find interesting and guessing how much they'll go for. I thought this TR would go for about £30k, but it seems to me that TR4As are on the rise, despite the classic car market being a bit depressed. E type V12s are also going up (from a very low base) while the earlier 4.2s seem to be declining.

I've got a '67 TR4A that I bought many years ago which, apart from the 72 spoke wires, is all original (including paint) and almost like new as it's only done 20k miles - it's a time warp - so I look out for similar cars. 

TR4A

Hi Steppenwolf, that’s a very nice TR4a, …..just like mine! They do seem to command a good price as mine did when I purchased from a very well known classic dealer near Oxford.

Born to be looked after Steppenwolf - couldn’t resist that one!

David

1ECCF025-A50D-48FD-BBF1-5953E6EF5009.jpeg

2 hours ago, Besalu said:

Saw this 4a for sale in the States recently. 7800$ which i thought was a bargain

https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/buy-sell-and-trade-forum.5/1966-tr4a-irs-triumph.1973998/

Does look it though shipping these days might add a fair wack.

Stuart.

Just now, Gary F said:

If you pan through the photo's it's starting to bubble up and rust in places?

Well over priced I reckon.

Precise;y my point above. Its full of filler and will start climbing out all over very soon.

Stuart.

I once went to look at a TR250 listed for sale around 2015 which was similar to this car.

Lots off glossy photo's on the Dealers website but up close numerous faults on the bodywork, my Mrs also spotted several faults and she's not really into cars!

I think someone's going to be disappointed and have a lot of expense in the future with this one.

You always need to have a look at a car close up and personal I believe.

Gary  

Back when I was first shopping for a TR4A (and knew little about them), I found a ‘66 that looked very good and was reasonably priced. Nice BRG paint, nice interior, engine compartment looked well looked after, etc. Then I asked the owner to jack the car up so I could take a look at the frame (one of the few things I knew to check). I found some flaking rust around where one of the trailing arms bolted to the frame. I took out my pocket knife to explore the extent, and to my horror the knife blade went right through the frame, about an inch away from the trailing arm bracket!! I thanked the gentleman, told him what I found and that he better have the frame checked, and walked away.

Maybe that’s why I wound up buying a 65 with a solid axle!

Jim