Stripped thread

Hi all

the thread on my seat runner to floor fixing has stripped,I have a 5/16 unf helicoil kit I used on the bonnet catch,can I use this for the stripped thread on the floor fixing or is it a different size that I will need.I also have a problem with the throttle cable fixing on the linkage end the black outer does not hold fast in the clamp causing the throttle to stick open (yikes that was scarey)are there any fixes without going to the expense of a new throttle cable,any suggestions would be most welcome 

many thanks nige

Seat runner to floor panel is originally 1/4 unf.

How about putting a nut under the floor panel, on top of the existing stripped nut, and using a 1” long screw instead. (HU708)

20 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Its a welded nut rather than a caged one.

I'd just drill out and retap one size bigger, pretty sure you'll get away with a 5/16 bolt head in the runner.

John.

That is an excellent suggestion.  I would try the 1/2" a/f hex head in the runner with a socket on it to tighten first though.

2 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

That is an excellent suggestion.  I would try the 1/2" a/f hex head in the runner with a socket on it to tighten first though.

Pretty sure my 1/4inch drive socket fitted, but if you have an issue, just cut a slot in the bolt head and use a screwdriver to tighten.

John.

Or just use a cap head screw and a washer under it to spread the load?

Bill