Martin Dearing

All those many TRR members who knew him will be very sad to learn of the recent death of Martin Dearing from Rotherham after a long illness . He died from complications following brain aneurysm surgery a few years back. Martin was a  long-term member who ran a Primrose yellow TR2 and traded with his partner Sue at TR events in sidescreen car parts for very many years. Ever helpful Martin was a "go-to" man for TR2/3/3A "Unobtanium", and could always help out with a difficult s/h spare. Although he was unable to attend events in the past few years, he will be much missed by all those who knew him and benefitted from his TR knowledge, always cheerfully imparted. He was one of the Good Blokes.........Bill Piggott

How sad, I knew he was not well from a few years back, looks like the grim reaper has claimed another of the good guys.  He also owned a TR5 at one time didn't he?

TRIP Martin.

Alan G

Very sad news, Martin was one of my first contacts for sidescreen parts many many years ago, whenever you rung him up it was always let it ring as they would be a long way from the phone somewhere in the yard. Always remember he brought a tatty but running TR3 to Malvern one year and its sat there running by his stall pretty much all day to prove it had a good engine. Les Rennie and I nearly bought it on the strength of that.

RIP Martin definitely one of the good guys.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
16 minutes ago, cp25616 said:

He also owned a TR5 at one time didn't he?

Alan G

He did, a white one that he brought to Malvern on a trailer in 2007 it looked like it had been a chicken coop. Very ripe but with a Surrey, I believe that same car is being restored now by one of our members in Dorset.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart