Please read; a cautionary tale.

I’m not sure just how to write this, at the end you may think I’m as mad as a bag of frogs but here goes anyway. I do not want to provoke a medical discussion, or have sympathy posts.

At the beginning of this week my youngest daughter aged 39 was found dead at her home with cardiac arrest. As she had reported no symptoms and was otherwise healthy we went back though her messages to us and found only one relevant dated December 2021.

The message, which we never followed up on read “ I’ve got those something ears like the death card…Franks maybe it’s a fold that means you are not immortal.

So today we have been looking this up on the internet and found such as this:-

https://stanfordmedicine25.stanford.edu/blog/archive/2015/what-is-the-name-of-this-sign.html

We have never heard of it and frankly it seems odd but on the other hand please keep an eye on your loved ones and if you find signs of it then a check-up can be no bad thing.

Alan

Sincere condolences Alan, both to you and her loved ones.  Thank you for posting about this, I'd never heard / seen mention of it before.  It is something I'll watch out for in my friends. 

Pete

Hi Alan,

My sincere condolences on your loss.

I have first hand experience of this as I had a heart attack at 37 years old, but survived luckily. Otherwise healthy, not overweight, but high risk from life long smoking (their words).

In my case my cholesterol as only slightly high, lungs totally clear, BFI acceptable, therefore no reason for it. At the time I was under severe stress due to personal family issues.

It did come to light that family history could have contributed, my father had had a Heart attack in his 50's but with bypass surgery he lived till he was 92.

It highlighted to me that many people are sitting on time bombs and a simple diabetic and cholesterol check could have saved the issue.

It is my firm belief that stress is a very much overlooked life hazard and the effects are life threatening.

I did however have a further heart attack and subsequent triple bypass some 25 years ago so I am probably on borrowed time.

Finally I would raise the question of the Virus injections being inked to deaths in younger people, but ho really knows.

Hopefully as the weeks and months go by your loss will start to heal.

best regards

Rod

Alan, Sadly, I think your daughter was prescient. Reading that link to Stanford, it seems plausible to me. Not a definitive prognosis, but something we might heed.

The association reminds me of the work of John Manning showing finger length ratio ( index vs ring) associates with various health conditions, He is in Swansea uni https://www.swansea.ac.uk/centenary2020/century-of-inspiring-people/john-manning/

I think the idea is that finger 'allometry' is the result of in-utero hormone exposure that afffects both digit growth and health risk later in life. You could email him re Frank's sign.

Best wishes

Peter