Classic Fuel Injection

I have seen some favourable comments about Kevin and his Electronic Fuel Injection in the previous threads.  Kevin tells me that he has progressed from using repurposed GM ECU units to a dedicated Swedish component.

He also advises to use a single throttle body located on the inlet to the plenum chamber combined with individual fuel injectors.

His kit is attractively  priced and provided there are no horror stories it seems like a good route to pursue.  I have seen previous comments asking why use EFI?  In my case I am  rebuilding a car that has been off the road for thirty four years and the fuel injection kit would require totally rebuilding, so why not take advantage of modern technology?

Referring to mechanical watches, the guy in the Breitling showroom said, 'Why keep trying to perfect the steam engine'

Paul Bishop is currently recovering my MX 5 sourced seats, so total originality is not applicable in my case.

What is the collective wisdom of the TR Register please?

Can't comment on Kevin, but moving to EFI is a logical step forward for lots of reasons but chiefly reliability and efficiency.

I've been running efi for getting on 20 years with no issues once teething problems sorted.

Join the efi club.

Jerry

12 hours ago, JohnRoberts said:

Hi  I have used Kevin since 2018 first with the GM ECU and now the Maxx unit. { the software is very easy to understand ]

I can say Kevin as been more than helpful. You will get all the backup that you may need.

Regards JohnR 

Hi John - do you have a website link for them? 

Cheers Darren

Hello,
who wants to drive his TR5/6 a lot and for a long time.
Holiday trips to Europe via the Alps, etc.
For that, an electronic motor management is a good investment.
Since 1999 I have converted quite a few TR250/5/6, all of which fit the above category. Driving just around the village is too expensive and superfluous. If the old Lucas system is completely defective, you can also think about it.
I can always recommend using a brand control. Support is half the price. And future security.
Electronic compatibility with international automotive standards
For me in Germany, for example, it was the Trijekt company.
I would also use Motec, now a 100% Bosch subsidiary !!!! That would be decisive for me.

Many greetings
Ralph

IMG_5351.JPG

23 hours ago, JohnRoberts said:

Hi Darren  Yes Kevin's web address :- ClassicFuelInjection.co.uk  Phone :- 07968  448803

Regards JohnR

Many thanks John - I've managed to make contact.