Foot note to last question regarding steering gaiters

On 12/8/2022 at 2:41 AM, Mike C said:

The hard part of this operation is finding quality steering gaiters- one's that last more than a year or so.

My Moss ones did not last a year? I went down to my local motor car Factor and he came up with a company called First line part number FSG3012 They are made from PU. 10 times better than the Moss ones and that was 5 years ago and they have not split??

Bruce.

13 minutes ago, astontr6 said:

My Moss ones did not last a year? I went down to my local motor car Factor and he came up with a company called First line part number FSG3012 They are made from PU. 10 times better than the Moss ones and that was 5 years ago and they have not split??

Bruce.

Thanks. I've had the normal supplier's  products split in less than 2 years.

32 minutes ago, Mike C said:

Thanks. I've had the normal supplier's  products split in less than 2 years.

Steer well clear of the usual Neoprene made types because they are loaded with so much filler to make them cheap to manufacture. This applies to suspension rubbers as well only use PU type unless you want to keep doing the same job. They are not made to the same spec as the original ones. Moss and Rimmer should be put under pressure to stop having these products made from cheap  filler compounds.

Bruce.