surrey top conversion

Hi all, once again into the breech dear friends, I have finally, after 14 years and 13 TR6 restorations, decided to crack on with my two tr5 Restos!  On the first one I am trial fitting everything before the car goes off to the painters and have spent the last few days digging out all the parts. This includes the surrey top that I bought several years ago and stashed in my barn. Yesterday I decided to trial fit the surrey top conversion and suspect I am missing some bits. I have attached photos of where the frame meets the screen top. Are there two fittings missing that screw onto the threaded bars, rather like track rod ends, and thus adjustable to tension the frame? Photos are attached of mine but would really appreciate any that anyone may have out there, even if I have to make the fittings it gives me an idea of how they look.

as ever all replies appreciated 

Clem

402DC9FF-3506-4025-AC3E-97DA572F7F48.jpeg

Turn the H frame through 180 degrees, the screw threads go into holes in the rear screen frame, the front facing H bars should have small downward facing pegs that  hard rubber grommets fit and they go into the holes on the front screen.  ........... Described as Rubber Bush in the Moss Cat. Pt.No. 612092 

Cheers Rob

Do these help?

Tim

IMG_5860.thumb.JPG.cf570699861fc8d5161a3a89bedd218c.JPGIMG_5858.thumb.JPG.23cf65405c9522768073330002c153d6.JPG

Thanks for the quick replies,I could only post one photo this morning.here is the other. The first one shows a 9/16” thread that will not fit into the rear frame. The second is the one that does fit. 

Tim thanks for the photos I am definitely missing something for the from front of the frame  to fit into the screen but what? 

Clem

66164558-6000-4C7D-9194-C57561A175E0.jpeg

These are all the bits for the standard front fitting. The metal top hat is for the hard top fitting to prevent crushing.

Tim

IMG_5864.thumb.JPG.5e18ea50be9cb4b75740632ef8e57f5e.JPG

Thanks for the photos Tim very useful indeed.    

Hi Jerry i have done that on my TR6 hill climb car that has a surrey top fitted. it works really well but i was trying to go original on the 5.

Tim any chance you could measure the length of the front bar so that i can fabricate something to fit mine please?

cheers Clem

1 hour ago, elclem1 said:

Hi Jerry i have done that on my TR6 hill climb car that has a surrey top fitted. it works really well but i was trying to go original on the 5.

Tim any chance you could measure the length of the front bar so that i can fabricate something to fit mine please?

cheers Clem

Clem, the photos that you can see are of an original frame which I no longer have.  The frame on the car now is a modified one to suit a soft top top rail so dimensions would not be relevant to you. Sorry.

Tim

ok no probs thanks for letting me know Tim

cheers Clem

1 hour ago, elclem1 said:

ok no probs thanks for letting me know Tim

cheers Clem

What measurements do you need Clem as Ive got a couple of original frames here.?

Stuart.

Just length of the front rails that fit into the windscreen.

21 minutes ago, elclem1 said:

Just length of the front rails that fit into the windscreen.

OK will measure up later.

Stuart.