Rear light lens L799

Just seen this on Ebay which appears to be a genuine repro of the correct L799 lens for a 5 with the vertical pattern in the inner lens, not often seen I believe.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224059465568?norover=1&mkevt=1&mkcid=4&mkrid=710-165270-970938-3&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]&gdpr=${GDPR}&gdpr_consent=${GDPR_CONSENT_929}&campaignid=17369556679&gclid=Cj0KCQjwy5maBhDdARIsAMxrk

No connection with the seller and no recommendation inferred.

Cheers

Tim

s-l500.jpg.d98071ca8e89c041598561b7749923f4.jpg

1 hour ago, openroad said:

Interesting Tim,   not sure how they have reproduced that. Especially with the Lucas name on.

Conrad.

It doesnt say anywhere that its a repro. There was some repros produced in Australia about 15yrs ago, it was a very limited run and I managed to buy the last pair at one of the Stoneleigh spares days.

Stuart.

9 minutes ago, stuart said:

It doesnt say anywhere that its a repro. There was some repros produced in Australia about 15yrs ago, it was a very limited run and I managed to buy the last pair at one of the Stoneleigh spares days.

Stuart.

There are a total of at least 14 on ebay which I thought was a lot if they were nos, so assumed they were repro.

Tim

25 minutes ago, Tim T said:

There are a total of at least 14 on ebay which I thought was a lot if they were nos, so assumed they were repro.

Tim

I could only find eight of which two are actually TR4/4a ones and two others are red/red US 250 ones. The others I think could well be those Australian ones surfacing again.

Stuart.

I found a new original USA spec and supplied that to Terry and June Auto jumberlers of original parts and they then sent it to the Australian lens producers to copy and produce the TR5 ones.

I promptly bought two sets as they were that good. T &J had trouble selling them

At the time which I found strange as they were correct in every detail.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter

The seller messaged me to say that the Lucas tooling has recently been refurbed to produce these..

He has put a couple more pics up too,  although the are apparently right , somehow they dont look like originals !!

Conrad.

Not sure about that Harry, but never say never.  Sunny here again so the 5 will be out today.

All the best,  

Conrad.