Extended Handbrake Levers for rear brake cylinder assembly

Hi all

Ive had a small run of longer handbrake levers made in the past and can get another run done in the next month or so if there is enough interest.

High strength stainless lever which is 20mm longer than standard (the optimum length I’ve found for the cables that we can readily obtain for Tr2 through to TR6), waisted stainless pin shrunk into place so it won’t fall out, precision pin hole same size as clevis assembly so that the clevis doesn’t chatter so as good as I can do it.

They obviate the need for the aluminium extender which is softer and tends to wear out and fir both the original Girling cylinder and the reproductions from TRW and others. As used on BST82B … so I know they do the job.

Two levers as show work out at £60 a set. PM me please so that I can gauge interest - I need to be able to make a batch of minimum 50 pieces to make it viable.

D7B38613-E84E-4DC4-8E50-5BF6AFEA6057.jpeg

490149DB-7925-4707-ACD6-A155649F79F4.jpeg

Iain

Essentially better leverage on the drum cylinder when you pull the handbrake.

Regards

Tony 

Rich, nothing from you by email.pm me ? 

• 2 months later...

And the batch of extended levers are here ! PM me if I’ve forgotten you please (and sorry) or if you missed the first call there are some sets left that need homes. 

£50 a set plus £2p&p to TRR people via here.

Regards

Tony 

0B56105B-AE67-4C33-8F30-2E75D9246AB6.jpeg

83150135-9EF7-496B-90C9-CFA92AADC713.jpeg

5F58E2B0-5B6E-4B22-8EE9-EEBC301F1AD8.jpeg

4BCE2BFC-C958-4588-8CDE-39AE035B9FB6.jpeg

Received my hand brake levers on Friday, superb engineering and quality - Cannot recommend highly enough.

I will be avidly awaiting Tony’s next project.

Thank you Tony 

Mike 

Edited by MikeWhite

Thanks Mike

plenty to go at, just trying to do one at a time - just come across a NOS TR4 tunnel bracket (the black crackle one that goes over the gearbox) so that’s off to be looked at in 3D to se if there is an economic way of making in billet.

also have some properly uprated engine and gearbox mounts now - as used in BST82B so when they are ready I’ll put a list on as I have had to have a batch made to make it viable as usual and I can only use a few as they don’t break !

regards

tony 

• 2 weeks later...

A few sets left if anyone wants them! 

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.