A wet weekend

Its a wet day here on the Scottish west coast so rather than wrestle with a TR2 steering box (how do you get the steering arm off?)   I thought I would catch up on what is going on in the rest of the TR world. I then realised I had not received the latest publication from the club due in August, perhaps its snagged up somewhere after the recent postal strike. Is anyone else similarly affected?

Cheers

Richard

6 hours ago, Dic Doretti said:

Its a wet day here on the Scottish west coast so rather than wrestle with a TR2 steering box (how do you get the steering arm off?) 

Very carefully with a press, ensuring you don’t bend the arm or pin.

I have a muckle big pitman arm remover designed to be hit with a lump hammer but perhaps I should leave that on the shelf and proceed carefully with the press. 

Cheers 

Richard

If you fancy a trip to sunny Cornwall I do have the correct ex factory tool to remove them courtesy of Dave Gleed.

Stuart.

Thank you Stuart for your kind offer, I had my honeymoon near Helston and it was a long drive and took two days to get back because of the traffic, managed to get to the Jamaica Inn by lunch time! 

Used my  meikle puller on the steering arm as a starting point and with some heat while under stress it popped off. Result.

Cheers

Richard

35 minutes ago, Dic Doretti said:

Thank you Stuart for your kind offer, I had my honeymoon near Helston and it was a long drive and took two days to get back because of the traffic, managed to get to the Jamaica Inn by lunch time! 

Used my  meikle puller on the steering arm as a starting point and with some heat while under stress it popped off. Result.

Cheers

Richard

Well done, dont forget when you put it back to line up the arrows

Stuart.

Hi Richard,

339 not arrived on the Cumbria / Northumberland border yet either, I am reliably informed that it should arrive sometime next week and will hopefully be followed by no 340  in two weeks time.

cheers Derek