front shockers

Hi 

got my new standard front shockers took out the lower bush ready to fit the new poly parts the bush  in the std was huge o/d compared to the poly bush

The std did come with lower bush top rubbers washers and nuts so will fit but not using my new ploy stuff

Question who sells std shockers with the correct lower bush obviously the 1969 units i took out are correct

any thoughts

thanks

david

Hi David,

there was an issue with a series of std front shock absorbers that were too long, when extended. The PQI team investigated and brought this to the attention of our suppliers.

Moss responded in a good manner when this was brought to their attention (although my “wrong shocks” did not come from them). 

So they would be my source, but if you have original shocks now and compare the length when extended, other suppliers can be used as well.

Waldi

hi waldi,

i bought them for my six about ten year ago however never fitted so great thought i would stick them on the 5 rebuild someone did say way back they were wrong and from a reputable supplier so i guess i will ditch them 

However need to source a std pair to suit the std bush for my poly bits

i will ring Moss on Monday as the first port of call

david

Let me get this straight.

You have a set of new dampers. You have some new lower damper bushes. The new bushes are a different O/D to the ones fitted to the dampers.

Why would you need to replace new bushes with new bushes?

Surely it is the ID and width of the bush that determines correct (or incorrect) fitment.

I think I'm missing something.

Jerry

16 hours ago, jerrytr5 said:

Let me get this straight.

You have a set of new dampers. You have some new lower damper bushes. The new bushes are a different O/D to the ones fitted to the dampers.

Why would you need to replace new bushes with new bushes?

Surely it is the ID and width of the bush that determines correct (or incorrect) fitment.

I think I'm missing something.

Jerry

jerry

i have bought a poly kit to change / use all poly on all bushes

shockers are one assembly like you say

new rubber bush out poly in

however the rubber bush is larger than the std poly bush i bought therefore these replacement shockers are not to std spec i now knnow as i checked against my rusty old ones

yes if i fit the new shockers all will be fine but then i have spare poly stuff in a box

i will source new shockers sell the others

david

Rule #1: never repair what ain't broken :D :ph34r: 

In your case I would do this: in the PU bush you finally have to press a steel bush.

You could use a selfmade one with wider outside diameter to compress the PU bush more.

Ciao, Marco

2 hours ago, Z320 said:

Rule #1: never repair what ain't broken :D :ph34r: 

In your case I would do this: in the PU bush you finally have to press a steel bush.

You could use a selfmade one with wider outside diameter to compress the PU bush more.

Ciao, Marco

ok cheers Marco

On 8/20/2022 at 5:46 PM, dblenk said:

Hi 

got my new standard front shockers took out the lower bush ready to fit the new poly parts the bush  in the std was huge o/d compared to the poly bush

The std did come with lower bush top rubbers washers and nuts so will fit but not using my new ploy stuff

Question who sells std shockers with the correct lower bush obviously the 1969 units i took out are correct

any thoughts

thanks

david

Could you order just the bits to replace the wrong ones in your kit.

There is a fairly comprehensive listing of bushes with sizes here

https://superpro.com.au/tradeview/index.php?view=universalparts