My ignition warning light was off. A quick look identified the white cable coming from the bulb holder was not connected. This seemed to be easy but  after a two hour repair, in the foot well, it proved very difficult to fit the three required wires to the back of the ignition key in the one screw terminal.  I could fit two wires  and wrap the end of the white wire around a red wire bur not under the screw.

It is now working well but I am looking for help in fitting all three wires in the screw terminal. Solder, tape etc.

When I can undo the bezel it will make access easier

Thanks Richard & B

Hi Z320,

Thanks for the reply. Speedometer removal will still not allow a screwdriver to be used The screw holding the three wires is a slot head and close to the heater . This make access difficult but I could not start the screw in the thread with 3 wires. I could do it with only two. So I am looking for a clever way to to make the three wires smaller in diameter.

If anyone has a bezel remover tool I need to borrow/rent asap.

Thanks Richard & B

Could you not have a single spur wire from the switch of a suitable size then connect the 3 wires to that ?

I used a similar connector when swapping out my ammeter.

3545EA0C-D72B-4947-B644-002D9904AE63.jpeg

Thanks Hamish that looks like a very  good answer unless I can find something smaller. There is a lot of wiring behind the instruments and not much room.

Tomorrow I am trying to use a disc cutter to adapt an old wood chisel to help remove the Bezel, unless you have a better answer.

Thanks Richard & B

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, Lebro said:

I use a pair of thin nosed pliers, ends pushed into the slots in the bezel, never had a problem with sny of the switches/ lamps

Bob

We might deal with a similar ignition wiring issue on my friend's new TR3A project. The previous owner gave up working on it due to age and poor eyesight. We'll just finish installing the brake pads and tires from 4Wheelonline onto the Wrangler tomorrow before we can take her in and see.

Edited by CarreyRT