TR4A running/fuel problem

8 hours ago, eng622 said:

Forgot to ask, regarding the filler cap see the metal disc has an edge to it which I assume closes onto a seal in the filler neck. There looks to be something there but it has a rough surface and does not look like rubber.

The original was not rubber, but it can be prized out, & a suitable size "O" ring put in it's place.

Bob

On 7/14/2022 at 7:39 AM, rcreweread said:

Melvyn  - I have a few refurbished AC Delco pumps done by Dave Davies if you prefer a better option than the modern repros.

I can also supply a new alloy fuel tank, if you need one as I think this could very well be part of your problem, but I only have a few left following Alicool shutting down, so when they are gone, they are gone!

Have PMed you more details

Cheers Rich

What happened to Alicool Rich? Glad I picked my tank up when I did now :( 

50 minutes ago, Jase said:

What happened to Alicool Rich? Glad I picked my tank up when I did now :( 

As I understand it, the 2 owners/directors had differing views on the way forward for the business, so they decided to call it a day. I believe one of them is hoping to resurrect the company in due course, but in the interim, I'm hoping I may still be able to source some products.

I have a couple of spare TR4-6 alloy tanks which I will be taking to Stafford and possibly some rads

Cheers Rich

Hi Melvyn

well you’re now on page 5 with your engine problem.  I believe you’ve done everything except the fuel tank.  Your script was exactly the same as mine right up to changing pumps - I actually fitted an electric one in despair; all to no avail.  The answer was random blockage of the tank exit pipe which was only clearly visible when I removed the tank and peered inside with a torch through the filling hole and the tank sensor.  As I said previously, the tank is easily removed.

David

Probably the foil seal off a fuel additive bottle floating about in there.

Stuart.

Fitted a new needle valve in the front carb float chamber then went for a 65 mile run. All went very well at junctions/lights, car idled well and no hint of a stall. So I thought I have cracked it, never was the pump just the valve. But not quite there yet. On return switched off and as before would not restart but after leaving 1/2 mins started straight away. This is a lot better than before as  had to wait a lot longer. So looks to still be a blockage or could it be a vapour lock, not moved the fuel pipe away from the engine yet. Petrol gushes out the front short rubber pipe so see no reason to suspect a blockage from the tank.

Melvyn