Machine work for EFI can you recommend an engineering shop.

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of converting my TR6 to EFI, i want to keep as much of the original look as possible so decided to keep the original TB's. My problem is finding a local company who can complete the machining work on the TB injector holes to fit the new EFI injectors. I could reamer them out by hand but I wanted to create a physical stop for the injector to sit against.   

Can anyone recommend an engineering shop that could do the TB work. Ideally in the midlands but any information would be appreciated.

Many thanks John G

Hi Roger, thanks for the reply i've sent an email to Richard this morning but to my knowledge no one in my local group has completed an EFI conversion but you never know someone may be able to help.

Is the engine sgnificantly tuned?

If it is then a single throttle body might not be ideal & you may well be better off with 3 Weber style throttle bodies.

If the engine is otherwise pretty standard in terms of state of tune then modded original manifolds connected to a single throttle body should be fine.

It would be a same to spend money modding your originals only to have to ditch them in the end.

23 minutes ago, JochemsTR said:

You do not need any machining to fit modern EV Injectors.

I build these myself.

IMG_4403.JPG

IMG_5354.JPG

IMG_0081_1.jpg

Wow !! love the workmanship looks really good, the inserts for the injectors look 3D printed ? 

42 minutes ago, Andy Moltu said:

Is the engine sgnificantly tuned?

If it is then a single throttle body might not be ideal & you may well be better off with 3 Weber style throttle bodies.

If the engine is otherwise pretty standard in terms of state of tune then modded original manifolds connected to a single throttle body should be fine.

It would be a same to spend money modding your originals only to have to ditch them in the end.

Andy not too tuned but tweaked a little, i have looked at the Jenveys and they are really nice but wanted to try and keep as original as possible, but it has to work too. I've got a spare set of TB's so the original set up will stay in a box in case someone want to go back to stock.

I am not so sure about the single throttle body limitation. My engine is 0.030” over, 9.9 CR, TSI 275-6 cam, 1.55GP roller rockers, Moss header, SS valves, bearing cap braces, MS3X EFI, crank ignition and …….a single throttle body on the common plenum of a bespoke intake.  I really don’t think it has held the performance back. The TB is from a 4.3l V6.

On 6/16/2022 at 11:11 AM, JochemsTR said:

You do not need any machining to fit modern EV Injectors.

I build these myself.

Jochems, that's a brilliant solution. I have never seen such slender injectors - I often wondered if such things existed. Which ones did you use please?

Cheers, Richard

21 minutes ago, Spit_2.5PI said:

Jochems, that's a brilliant solution. I have never seen such slender injectors - I often wondered if such things existed. Which ones did you use please?

Hello Richard,

Bosch 0 280 158 167. Here in Germany easily available. 
Jochem