On 11/27/2022 at 5:10 PM, Rob Y said:

Good to hear Vince,

I might use it more often I think. I have been using Esso 98 octane (E5) which I believe has no ethanol in, but I think mixing it with the Tesco product will be more economical and doesn’t sound like it will cause any problems.

Cheers, Rob.

It is only ESSO Synergy 99+ that does not have any ethanol.   98 does have 5%

Neil

Hi Neil,

I didn’t know the name of the Esso fuel but I meant the higher octane (E5) grade which is as you say is (now?)called Synergy 99+, the main thing is as mentioned no ethanol in this grade, but it is very expensive at the moment.

Looks like the cheaper Tesco fuel doesn’t cause any issues, at least no one has reported them on this post.

Rob

Used e10 a fair bit on the round Britain run. Probably for close to 600 miles during the 2 days. To be honest I couldn't feel any difference. The 6 is running a supercharger so not really standard. Personally as I have r9 fuel pipes so my plan is not to worry and embrace the fact my classics are contributing less to global warming:D

Tim