I have no complaints Mick about Ribble, They are helpful also with loading / unloading and the results are favourable. Collected the shell today and moseyed back from Preston to the paint shop at Marple Cheshire, where it will be Primed this afternoon, fortunately today was dry and with some sunshine so Flash rusting wasn't a problem and we made it to the paint shop only losing the car cover on the M60! some pics for your perusal.......Not cheap,but can you imagine the time getting rust and underseal by hand.

P1080809.thumb.jpg.d5f5b869f4579e518091d96e8943b424.jpg

P1080812.thumb.jpg.bd98df41a43e29614f01173e68b6c7d6.jpg?

1 minute ago, pfenlon said:

I have no complaints Mick about Ribble, They are helpful also with loading / unloading and the results are favourable. Collected the shell today and moseyed back from Preston to the paint shop at Marple Cheshire, where it will be Primed this afternoon, fortunately today was dry and with some sunshine so Flash rusting wasn't a problem and we made it to the paint shop only losing the car cover on the M60! some pics for your perusal.......Not cheap,but can you imagine the time getting rust and underseal by hand.

P1080809.thumb.jpg.d5f5b869f4579e518091d96e8943b424.jpg

P1080812.thumb.jpg.bd98df41a43e29614f01173e68b6c7d6.jpg?

P1080808.jpg

Very nice Pete,

was this the chemical or thermal treatment?

If thermal, at what temperature was this done?

And did they do a light grit blast afterwards?

And are you planning to do the wings and bonnet too?

Thanks,

Waldi

You must be pleased with the lack of rot.

So the big question is how much ??????????????

i think the outer panels are shown loaded in the car.

I have been put of acid dip due to weeping from the seems later , although their web site claims to avoid this,

1 hour ago, Waldi said:

Very nice Pete,

was this the chemical or thermal treatment?

If thermal, at what temperature was this done?

And did they do a light grit blast afterwards?

And are you planning to do the wings and bonnet too?

Thanks,

Waldi

Thermal oven, computer controlled with water jets in the Oven computer controlled, to keep the oven at an even temperature throughout. All material turns to Gas then

everything is sprayed with phosphoric acid as a rust deterrent, which is OK for a day or two depending on the weather. I am pleased with the results.

The Constant oven temperature prevents distortion apparently. Bonnet, boot, windshield, doors and 4 wings received the same treatment. 

Edited by pfenlon
48 minutes ago, roy53 said:

You must be pleased with the lack of rot.

So the big question is how much ??????????????

i think the outer panels are shown loaded in the car.

I have been put of acid dip due to weeping from the seems later , although their web site claims to avoid this,

Their charges are on their website Roy, but it cost me £1310 including VAT

Very nice Pete,

and compared to blasting of an entire body and panels this is a better option I feel. No risk of warping and nothing left of paint, tectyl etc.

Do you need to remove the acid, and etch/light blast the shell before applying primer?

Waldi

11 hours ago, Waldi said:

Very nice Pete,

and compared to blasting of an entire body and panels this is a better option I feel. No risk of warping and nothing left of paint, tectyl etc.

Do you need to remove the acid, and etch/light blast the shell before applying primer?

Waldi

Just had a call from the paint shop, all primered now, will post pick when I collect later today.

Very interesting process and that cost seems reasonable for what it is. I wonder what concentration the phosphoric is at? I’ve used it extensively on suspension parts and even some panels but hand painted on at quite high concentrations but it’s expensive so I’m curious about how weaker concentrations might work, easy enough to experiment a bit but handy if you happen to know what concentration was used here.

Nice solid car by the way, good for you.

Edited by TRier
Typo.

I've used Ribble Tech too, but only for engines.    They are, as Pete found, helpful and cooperative, arranging to finish treatment at a time that is convenient for collection, to ensure the shortest possible time between treatment and paint or other protection.

See: https://paint-strip.co.uk/

John