Vacuum advance problems

My goal is to restore the metal vacuum advance system on my SU H4 carbs.  One is non-functioning (Doretti) and the other has been replaced with a rubber hose (TR2).  I used a suction tool to make sure my distributors function correctly by adjusting to a vacuum, which they do.

The metal tube seems to be unavailable from my usual sources, so my first question is whether that tubing can be found anywhere else.

Next, my Doretti tube won’t seal where it goes into the carb body.   The jam nut bottoms out on the carb body before it makes a seal   The photo shows the Doretti tube with the worn jam nut.  This tube and fitting may be from a later SU H6 carb that was on my Doretti before I put on the H4s.  Do I have the wrong fitting on this one?

The other tube in the photo (top) is the original one from the TR2, with a slightly different compression fitting   Any tips on reconstructing this with new tubes and fittings?

Cheers

Dan

5E32595B-95D6-4D99-846B-9AA3E2EC5BE8.jpeg

All appear to be available from Moss. The pipe listed for the H4 carbs has an adapter that screws into the carb first before the pipe.  Distributor end nuts are also available.

Ralph

Dan

if they are available this would be the simplest option.

if you need something locally I would try a refrigeration company see if they could knock you up something

friendly service guy  that services the shop chiller units etc may be a fun change fir them to help out. I am sure they use this thin dia pipe.

the olives may be a challenge tho.

4 minutes ago, Hamish said:

Dan

if they are available this would be the simplest option.

if you need something locally I would try a refrigeration company see if they could knock you up something

friendly service guy  that services the shop chiller units etc may be a fun change fir them to help out. I am sure they use this thin dia pipe.

the olives may be a challenge tho.

Yes that size pipe is used a lot in refrigeration units and I would say they would have the olives as well.

Stuart.

Try bending around a form. Eg some household plastic waste tubing. You just don’t want a very tight curve.