Chrome light surrounds

My Newly acquired 6 is very smart with just a few interior trim parts that I can will improve over time.

But, the chrome around the rear light clusters lets the car down, am I right they are “one piece” or can you get the chrome separately?

New lights look devilishly expensive.

Sam

Hi Sam,

I think you may find that the chrome section is not available. All the gaskets and lenses ae available

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/electrical-system/lighting/rear-lamps-interior-lights-tr5-6-1967-76.html

Keep an eye on Ebay and ask on here very nicely

Roger

PS - just found some more info  Rear Lamp.  Give Moss a call

Edited by RogerH

Yes have been to many over the years.

In the past I have owned numerous classics including two Stags, and managed to pick the odd OEM spare up.

The worst for spares was my old MK2 Crayford Cortina, tracking down a bespoke “Crayford” part was a nightmare.

Over the wonder I will pull the lights off assuming they are OEM, perhaps I will look into getting them rechromed.

38 minutes ago, Scaf said:

Yes have been to many over the years.

In the past I have owned numerous classics including two Stags, and managed to pick the odd OEM spare up.

The worst for spares was my old MK2 Crayford Cortina, tracking down a bespoke “Crayford” part was a nightmare.

Over the wonder I will pull the lights off assuming they are OEM, perhaps I will look into getting them rechromed.

You will struggle to get them re-chromed to a good standard as the plinths are Mazak and it will have lots of pits in it.

Stuart.

Im not saying it cant be done but to get a good finish is expensive as it requires lots of copper plating to build up the holes, thus labour costs on it are high.

Stuart.