MX5 seat conversion brackets WANTED

I have just bought some MX5 seats for the TR6 and need the brackets that give the most legroom and comfort. From memory, these are a tall bracket at the front and a wide shallow one at the rear, is this right?

Anybody got a set?

Mick

42 minutes ago, Mick Forey said:

I have just bought some MX5 seats for the TR6 and need the brackets that give the most legroom and comfort. From memory, these are a tall bracket at the front and a wide shallow one at the rear, is this right?

Anybody got a set?

Mick

Thats the ones from the Technicalities CD which in my opinion are the best and strongest, all the dimensions are on there so easy enough to get an engineering company to make up for you

Stuart.

1 hour ago, Andy Moltu said:

The ones on mine allowed you to set the fronts and rears to different levels.

These ones Andy?  https://www.flickr.com/photos/115740825@N05/albums/72157690380502643

If so, contact Paul Bishop near Winchester who makes them: pbupp@googlemail.com - 01962 777800 there's no point giving you his mobile as there's no reception at his workshop.

Cheers, Andrew

On 9/6/2021 at 10:28 AM, stuart said:

Thats the ones from the Technicalities CD which in my opinion are the best and strongest, all the dimensions are on there so easy enough to get an engineering company to make up for you

Stuart.

Only cost me £20 at a local fab shop, I’m a little over 6ft and these work great .

15 hours ago, Mark69 said:

Only cost me £20 at a local fab shop, I’m a little over 6ft and these work great .

Which is what I keep saying ;) They are also very strong which is the whole point of constructing them that way.

Stuart.

• 2 weeks later...

After lots of discussions with various people who fitted MX5 seats, I purchased a set of brackets from Rich. He still has some sets available. After fitting some spacers to get the floor flat, the seats fit well and all is good. See his original post here: 

7 hours ago, Mick Forey said:

After lots of discussions with various people who fitted MX5 seats, I purchased a set of brackets from Rich. He still has some sets available. After fitting some spacers to get the floor flat, the seats fit well and all is good. See his original post here: 

Mick - thanks for the update and glad to have been of help

Cheers Rich

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.