4 hours ago, BRENDA1 said:

Just had to get the spare wheel out to check the pressure as one of my monthly checks. What do others carry in the boot around there spare wheel under the boot board.

Mike redrose group 

451E186F-F8B6-4516-9A65-94FDCEC349EB.jpeg

Hi Mike, looks very like mine. Can I suggest you add a copy of Moss parts catalogue , as depending were you are it is sometimes easier to point to the picture of the part you need instead of trying to explain. You never know when and where you might break down.

Paul

Lot like mine, I also carry a towing strap and flexible eye,

A decent , long set of jump leads and a full head gasket set,

cause if you are abroad, and you have the bits with you, you'll soon be on your way.

John.

Being short in the legs (and arms), my tools fit in an old ammunition box on the floor behind my seat.

With the petrol tank extended rearwards, there's no vertical board, so the spaces at each side of the tank are accessible and are used. 

Beefy jump leads for starting other people's cars - that has included a TR6 in a torrential downpour and TS2, by the way!

Water pump, fan belt, distributor cap with attached set of leads, brake fluid, coolant, set of hoses, set of (used) spark plugs, cable ties (various sizes), duct tape, warning triangle & high-viz jacket, overalls, navigator's potty, an old padded jacket (protection against rain & cold).

Screw jack & handle, and wrench for wheel nuts  - these also sit on floor behind my seat (I said my legs are short!).  Fire extinguisher inside cabin.

In 1993, I installed a Lucas after-market Hazard Warning unit when the car was re-built (see the Section J9 of Technicalities CD for details  covering all TR2-TR6).

I'm sure there are more things hiding in there, but I can't be bothered to take them out!

Mike North will be along soon - he has an excellent and comprehensive list for Continental touring.

Ian Cornish

To avoid having to remove the spare wheel to check the tyre pressure, fit a tyre valve extender. This can be brought up through the spokes or other hole in the wheel and the tyre gauge applied in the usual way. These extenders are used on commercial vehicles where double rear tyres are fitted to give access to the inner tyre. These items cost around £10 and can be obtained from HGV tyre depots or online by searching: 'tyre valve extender'. Just make sure that you get a sufficiently long one.