I would like to put my car on a rolling road and find out how much power I have.

How soon after a motor rebuild, can I put my car on the rolling road? 

Immediately. After the head has been tightened down. After Oil change. After 2000 Miles or or

When can I do it without shortening the life of the engine?

I cannot find any written information anywhere.

44 minutes ago, Peter Douglas Winn said:

I would like to put my car on a rolling road and find out how much power I have.

How soon after a motor rebuild, can I put my car on the rolling road? 

Immediately. After the head has been tightened down. After Oil change. After 2000 Miles or or

When can I do it without shortening the life of the engine?

I cannot find any written information anywhere.

As soon as you can you do more harm than good using it not set up correctly 

But surely there is a big difference between a rolling road set up run and a full on power run to find out your top power and torque. 

if you had the engine built by others ask them. 

Otherwise I would consider 1000 miles after head tightening. With those miles including some spirited driving

And the initial running in as per engine builder instruction

or 

the BMEP method.

Edited by Hamish

My original handbook said not to apply full power until at least 1000 miles had been covered and then only for short periods at a time. If your thinking of the  cherry red exhaust type of power testing I'd give it your suggested 2000 miles or so .

Just my opinion but one man's rolling road is 120bhp while down the road it's another's 160bhp, it's all relative and subjective.

Unless you have a specific reason to assess if an engine modification has improved power etc or as an aid to setting her up then stick to the same rolling road or better if she feels right generally fine. It's very easy to start chasing expensive rainbows.

Andy