What’s in your garden.

• 1 month later...

Last night, I noticed three patches of white on my grass lawn.  I thought they were flowers, but looking more closely, they were creamy-white blobs, all over the grass and clover stems.   This morning, the blobs have 'melted', into what looks like spilt clotted cream:

240887932_gardenmystery.thumb.jpg.67a0ff73bc32103de626d10052ca7e6f.jpg

Can anyone suggest what this is?     Snail/slug eggs?

John

Yes, Roger, you might easily say that from this morning's pic, but last night this was composed of many individual pearls along the grass blades, that have now 'melted' together.

Brilliant, Rob, that is exactly what they looked like originally, except white.

Roger wasn't far wrong - another species that  appears on lawns is called "dog sick slime mould"!  https://thelawnman.co.uk/dog-sick-slime-mould-mucilago-crustacea/

Behind our shutters we have several bat colonies and every year we have wag tails that nest on the front veranda on top of a wall. They had 5 chicks this year but unfortunately two were kicked out/fell out of the nest and died