Windscreen Rubber Seals etc.

I have done a bit of searching and am I correct in assuming that the best windscreen rubber seals are from Moss at the moment. The only problem they have the chrome finisher strip on back order, is it best to wait or will others fit?

Many Thanks.

Hi Kevo,

Correct, the Moss windscreen seals fits the windscreen aperture whilst also offering the correct depth and profile for the trim strip to insert. I went through screen rubbers from Rimmers and TR Shop which simply didn't work. I believe this topic has been discussed previously on this forum if you would like to search for the discussion at that time.

Best Regards, Peter

Hi Kev,

I recently bought the finisher from Moss, not installed yet, but looks ok. Its not chrome but plastic, which it was original. So not a NLA item I guess.

Waldi

Thanks guys, I may be confusing matters or I may just be confused :blink: but it’s the trim that inserts into the screen rubber that goes all around the screen, that’s the one Moss doesn’t have in stock at the moment and I was wondering whether one from somewhere else would fit ok. Or wait until Moss get them in stock.

I used a moss windscreen seal which fitted perfectly & a plastic trim from TRGB which fitted well. I also renewed the frame seal at the bottom this was from Tr shop & it was also a spot on fit. 

John

15 hours ago, jah said:

I used a moss windscreen seal which fitted perfectly & a plastic trim from TRGB which fitted well. I also renewed the frame seal at the bottom this was from Tr shop & it was also a spot on fit. 

John

Thanks John.

Thanks everyone, have ordered the various parts and they are out for delivery today. Also got some new carpet from the TR Shop as well. So I now have plenty of jobs to keep me going for the next few months including the obligatory gardening duties and shed repairs.

Keep safe and well everyone.