hard top fit problem

You can alter the height that the windows wind up to by removing the door trim and adjusting the height stop. Number 90 on this page https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/body-chassis/doors-fittings/doors-fittings-tr5-6-1967-76.html

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
2 hours ago, stuart said:

You can alter the height that the windows wind up to by removing the door trim and adjusting the height stop. Number 90 on this page https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr5-6/body-chassis/doors-fittings/doors-fittings-tr5-6-1967-76.html

Stuart.

Hello Stuart,

Thanks for that advise on adjusting the window to fit the hardtop. I also have the same issue on my 74 TR6 and was trying to figure out how to fix that issue.

Martin Keller

Ventura, California USA

Hi Paul the only thing you did wrong was wanting an even better looking TR6.

I cannot help much but this is warning just to be careful when adjusting the windows.

I have always liked hardtop or fixed head coupes, and I think the TR6 hardtop is extremely attractive.

I purchased an ex USA TR6 and like most cars came with a soft-top.

I assume your car is the same but I could be wrong, I believe if it came from the factory with a hardtop the windows would be adjusted correctly.

I was lucky to purchase an NOS hardtop with almost all the fittings, which by the time ready to fit cost me a lot of money.

Like yours I had terrible window gaps, this would normally be a job I was capable of doing, but being a little old, and not knowing what to adjust I decided to give it to the experts.

I used Crown Classics London, who have been repairing and restoring TR’s for over 30 years, so Jay and Tony know what they are doing.

I was advised that it could be a little expensive, as it was time consuming, also as it has always been fitted with a soft-top the windscreen frame could have been pulled back a little and would also need adjusting, luckily my car did not need the windscreen adjusted.

Where you must be very careful, when you start raising the window glass, very gently close the door to make sure it does not hit the windscreen pillar or hardtop.

I know a London group member Will who had the other problem his window went up to far, and smashed his door glass when closing his door, good luck with the job.

P1010847.JPG

I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling in this regard. I finished up removing the glass and resetting it in the runners in order to get an acceptable fit at the A-pillar and around the hardtop. It's still not great, but (having now seen some other hard tops fitted) not terrible either. 

Just installed a hardtop on mine.  I have about a quarter inch gap on the left side along the top.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Graham J