Chateau Impney hillclimb

After having a 'discussion' with the organisers I am not supporting this event this year. I was told that if I wanted a guaranteed place in the classic car park I would have to purchase tickets in advance or otherwise perhaps have to park in the general park if purchasing tickets on the day. I thought this to be a change from last year when if any classic appeared it was automatically put in to the classic park, which all worked very well, especially as they expressed the wish that they wanted to attract lots of classics to the event.

We are unable to commit to the event until on the day & also seeing it as a very short sighted policy we shall give it a miss!

Some of these events are starting to get a bit 'above themselves' in 'rules' in my view especially, with more friendly & flexible events around!

Regards.

Agreed Monty, our local Show 'The Lawn' at Rochford Essex charged £5 per car for advance tickets and provided a marked area as a Cub Stand. However for those not booked and paying on the day it was £10 per head for each person in the car, some larger cars had 3/4 people, this was same as public entry, £10 per car would have been fairer and still proveded an incentive to book in advance.

Whilst on this subject we were at the International at Lincoln last weekend and had advance tickets for the sunday but would have much preferred to have had a ticket which allowed entry on sat or sunday. Should have been possible, if they had just one ticket and tear off a section when entering the showground it could only be used once but on either day.

Some may ask, what was the show like, well, there were quite a few TRs but not the numbers that Malvern used to attract and the "Pistons in the Park" display was very small in comparison only 70-80 cars at most.

Our local Lawn show attracted estimated 200-300 cars and provided a girl trio "Andrews Sisters" Ww2 style, a r&b foursome and a dancefooor plus at least as many sidestands as the International and a beer tent. All for £5 per car. It did not of course have a large hall so not International friendly.

Chris

Some of these events are starting to get a bit 'above themselves'

I agree. I was planning to go to a local classic car show/country fair/vintage rally, till I saw the cost of showing a classic car was the same price as a normal entry ticket.

Pete

I am planning to go to Notcutts @ Nuneham Courtney this Sunday which sounds like a nice little event with free entry & even prizes for different car entries! Has had good reports in the past & looks a fun day.

Recently attended the biannual Churchill show which was excellent. Beautiful venue, many superb cars of all types, low entry fee to charity & just a great friendly car day. These smaller events do seem a better proposition in many respects.

Regards.

I went to the first Notcutts show a couple of years ago and it was fine. Quite small and basic but a good day out. I should be there on Sunday with my M-type if all goes to plan.

Well, it was a nice day out, and we were treated to a flypast by the BBMF DC-3 as well as the usual plethora of interesting cars. They aren't very kind to their marshals though - they don't close the track for a lunch break although the timed climbs are replaced by "demonstration runs", so the marshals have to wait until they are 'stood down', one at a time. At least one marshal didn't get stood down until after 5 pm - this after signing on at 07:30 and being on the course at 08:10, in a marshals' post with no shade. Wouldn't be allowed to treat employees that way, but of course marshals are volunteers so don't get the same protection as employees.

Pete

Lichfield Cars in the Park tomorrow, free but a donation for the Air Ambulance would be appreciated. Always a good show and good variety. 5min from the Cathedral and 5min from the town if the OH gets bored. Can't go because the bloody car broke down at 7pm tonight.

Dave

Well, it was a nice day out, and we were treated to a flypast by the BBMF DC-3 as well as the usual plethora of interesting cars. They aren't very kind to their marshals though - they don't close the track for a lunch break although the timed climbs are replaced by "demonstration runs", so the marshals have to wait until they are 'stood down', one at a time. At least one marshal didn't get stood down until after 5 pm - this after signing on at 07:30 and being on the course at 08:10, in a marshals' post with no shade. Wouldn't be allowed to treat employees that way, but of course marshals are volunteers so don't get the same protection as employees.

Pete

Take the marshals for granted like the classic car spectators then!

Lichfield Cars in the Park tomorrow, free but a donation for the Air Ambulance would be appreciated.

I couldn't make sense of this, from their website: "Unfortunately due to spiralling costs of services and the significant fees we have to pay to Lichfield District Council for the use of Beacon Park, there will be charge for all entries of £3 per car which covers both days. For single entries the charge will be £5 per car and this will be collected after you have been parked"

Pete