So I have a temporary garage at the moment its very tight spaced so I bought one of those easy tanks that are only 8cm high for collecting oil from sump so I could work from the front of the car with only the need to raise my Tr5 a couple of inches.

Like a wally I didnt think to remove the second plug to on it to speed air out and so the rush of oil overdid the flow into the collector.

Now I have about a litre of nice black oil on the concrete floor of the garage....

I have googled ways to clean ranging from WD40 to Coca Cola.

Anyone got some magic solution for removing the foot square stain???

Well at least as always my magnetic drain plug was perfectly clean of any swarf.

Cant same for garage floor now though :angry: ....

Portland cement powder works wonders on the final stain after you've got rid of the bulk of the oil with degreasers/rags etc, ... just sprinkle the powder on, brush in, then damp down with a kitchen spray bottle of water, leave to dry out and by magic most of the stain will be gone. Ask me how I know this!!, been there etc.

Cheers,

Rob

Expensive degreasers, absorbent granules, cement that will be a solid mass by the time you need it.

Elbow grease! Even more expensive.

I keep a tub of builder's sand in the garage. Spread over a spill of anything, water or oil, it soaks it up. Better, you can lay a small 'berm' in the path of a spreading flood, and it will contain it.

Once soaked in, the sand can be swept up and put in the bin.

Cheap as - er - sand!

John

Yes thanks everyone reading all the suggestions...

I think I am going to use cement powder to soak it up then degreaser and maybe coke too, then as Rob suggested brush some cement powder over and wet to see if it forms a light layer....

As Paul said I use absorbent granules from motor factors, which we always referred to as ' Spillsaw' but it's more like clay than wood dust, and an easier option than rags and Jizer etc.

I tend to leave it for a couple of days then sweep it around with a broom which cleans the floor as well

Kevin

I used Simple Green and it worked great on my Atos sail. Given it was very dirty from a dusty time in the desert, but I focused on all the spots and the stitching that was holding dirt that a wash cloth and water wouldn't remove and the green ate if for lunch. Worth a try.

All the best: erp and crm integration

Edited by rvue8e