exhaust mounting with CTM J type gearbox adapter

Hi,

I am using one of CTM's J type gearbox mounting adapter brackets to support the after end of my J type gearbox on a TR3A - it replaces a rather nasty welded lash up that was originally there. There does not, however, appear to be any obvious way of fitting an exhaust pipe bracket. I have tried a couple of brackets without success and will probably end up fabricating something bespoke. Before I do so, I wondered what anyone else had done and whether anyone had a photograph.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Dave.

The standard TR3A exhaust bracket goes across the chassis adjacent to the handbrake. I dont recall there being connection to the rear gearbox mounting.

I have that bracket and another at the bell housing.

Rgds Ian

Thanks for the replies. I have tried CTM, but Colin doesn't do anything off the shelf.

At the moment I am toying with the idea of fixing something to the chassis bracket and making the connection to the engine pipe using a stainless steel flexible connector - as discussed by Alec in an earlier post. In theory, this will also take care of any undue strain on the manifolds. I will also look at the saloon/ stag set up, though.

When I finally get there, I'll post my solution!

Dave.

Thanks for the replies. I have tried CTM, but Colin doesn't do anything off the shelf.

At the moment I am toying with the idea of fixing something to the chassis bracket and making the connection to the engine pipe using a stainless steel flexible connector - as discussed by Alec in an earlier post. In theory, this will also take care of any undue strain on the manifolds. I will also look at the saloon/ stag set up, though.

When I finally get there, I'll post my solution!

Dave.

Hello Dave,

there is very little room around that area.

I made a bracket a little way back at the exit of the cruciform, so the rear of the exhaust had 2 supports, see pic from the one hanging from the Axle hoop. that and the rear one held the exhaust solid.

post-4234-0-81739100-1515602015_thumb.jpg