Oil pressure too low?

Is my oil pressure too low?

From cold 70psi.

Hot, 2000rpm driving 55psi.

Hot, 2000rpm stationary 45psi.

Hot, idle at 750, 20psi.

Guage reacts fast from starting cold, during driving, and turning off.

I have noticed some cloudy stuff on the dipstick when cold, although put that down to repeatedly running engine for only a minute at a time recently. Condensation etc. Should I worry about that and investigate more? Seems to disappear after running. Was considering an oil/filter change even though PO said it was recent anyway.

Fram spin on filter fitted.

New car to me, only driven a few miles.

Read about checking the pressure relief valve. Quick job?

I'm happy there is 'some' oil pressure, and would only really worry if I was dropping to zero ever, but thought I would ask, in case I should be more worried than I am.

Thanks for putting up with a ton of noob questions from me........

Hi,

the numbers look not too bad at all.

You will not get the oil up to temp in just a few minutes so you may find your Idle pressure may drop a little after some spirited driving.

But I wouldn't panic just yet.

Roger

Great, thanks for that Roger.

The hot values listed above were after 30 miles of 'spirited' driving. Had to take the new dash for a test run, make sure it was working right. ;)

I had been reading about folks with 70psi hot, and wasn't sure how low it should go at hot idle.

I'll get around to removing the sump soon enough, check out the pick up tube, pump etc.

Thanks.

I hope very ,much that they're fine ad they're the same numbers as mine's had for several years...

Great, thanks for that Roger.

The hot values listed above were after 30 miles of 'spirited' driving. Had to take the new dash for a test run, make sure it was working right. ;)

I had been reading about folks with 70psi hot, and wasn't sure how low it should go at hot idle.

I'll get around to removing the sump soon enough, check out the pick up tube, pump etc.

Thanks.

With this high pressure when hot it may be that at cold the pressure is way too high - not good.

Your pressures are typical.

Roger

Mine is 70 psi cold idle and 45-50psi hot idle