Help in Identification - Manifold Part?

post-10723-0-38598800-1497248863_thumb.jpg

post-10723-0-26326500-1497248907_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone - had a busy weekend which threw up a few queries, so here's another one!

Below are some photos of a very thick plain washer which was with some manifold clamps - not sure what this is and can't see anything in the Moss catalogue to show it - I have a feeling it may be a spacer between exhaust and inlet manifold where the two bolt together underneath them - their are two.

If correct, are these really necessary and is there any consequences of leaving them off?

Cheers

Rich

Bob - thanks for your observations - I've never knowingly had any 6 cylinder bits and pieces so I don't think thats their source

I have a vague feeling they fitted under the inlet manifold where it is bolted to the exhaust manifold. Just guessing,but I wonder if this has anything to do with the change from early 4 pots with low port heads, and when moving to high port heads, these were introduced to avoid having to redesign the manifolds.

I'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge than me will know the answer

cheers

Rich