One for the 'Glue lovers' out there!

Gents, a question.

Has anyone had any success :) (or complete failure! :angry: ) in glueing the dash top/interior panels/crash pads of a TR??

If so, what/how did you do it with??

I have a couple of cracks in the side of my 6's switch plinth/crash pad bit.

I want to try and stop the cracks before they get any worse, but have no confidence in any of the 'vinyl' glues I have ever used.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Hi John,

I've had reasonable success on my 4A left and right crash pads.

There was a 1" crack on each, on the sharp horizontal edge.

I used a black RTV silicon and then applied tape over the plastic to hold it in shape whilst the RTV set.

It has lasted over two years so far.

Nor perfect but hard to see.

Roger

The switch panel takes a beating from people using it as a brace when operating the choke but if the vinyl is cracking in other places it is probably just old and the vinyl will continue to crack. I think all of these bits are available new and they are not that hard to replace other than the dashboard cap which really needs the windshield and the wood dash removed.

Stan

Gents

Thanks for the suggestions so far! :)

Does anyone have an old/scrap/knackered switch plinth/similar bit I can practice on??

Any condition will suffice, just want to practice with different glues/methods etc..

There was one on fleabay a while ago, but (as always) its gone now! :angry:

Happy to make a donation to a 'suitable' fund and pay postage, obviously!!

Thanks!

Frost stock a vinyl repair kit. As well as some gunge to make the repair it includes textured papers to match the original grain. Used it successfully many years ago to repair a crack in the dash top of my GT6.

Nigel

Edited by Nigel Triumph