Crank Pulley Bolt Torque

Can anyone advise the torque for the crank pulley bolt.

I've scoured my manuals but can't find it listed anywhere.

I've ditched the extension so only have a short bolt and thick washer/spacer.

Annoyingly I must have found it before because it's been on and off a few times over the years.....or perhaps I just gave up and guessed before.

90 ft-lbs.

Found it in my Haynes manual for the 2500 saloon, as I can't see it in the official TR6 manual, but Haynes should be good!

John

Edited by john.r.davies

My TR6's was mild steel not HT, so dont overcook it. The rounded head also suggests to me its not meant need a lot of torque.

Peter

The search function has137 posts on a "Crank Bolt" thread title.

When reviewed there are some which refer to the torque including one post from me ( I remembered, that's why I searched), where I state that the Stag is set at 120 lb ft and that comparable size bolt and thread torque is best to be used on 4 cylinders also. I seem to remember having read it also in one of the tuning articles so that's what I set all the 4 cylinders I rebuild.

Mick Richardsw

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

Much better than having a pulley loosen off and start "fretting" against the key, it's not uncommon to have the key way machined by the key by 3 or 4 mm making a neat notch and a clunk upon take off.

Mick Richards

Can anyone advise the torque for the crank pulley bolt.

I've scoured my manuals but can't find it listed anywhere.

I've ditched the extension so only have a short bolt and thick washer/spacer.

Annoyingly I must have found it before because it's been on and off a few times over the years.....or perhaps I just gave up and guessed before.

It is 90 end of and will be a dam sight more when you try to remove it later after a run.

Edited by ntc

Much better than having a pulley loosen off and start "fretting" against the key, it's not uncommon to have the key way machined by the key by 3 or 4 mm making a neat notch and a clunk upon take off.

Mick Richards

Yes Mick it happened to me. The pulley loosened off due to the bolt being slightly too long & giving the impression of being fully tightened when the end of the bolt reached metal! Fortunately I caught it in time with the only requirement being a new woodruff key & pulley bolt of correct length plus of course the usual new timing cover gasket & oil seal. Previous owner must have been unaware the bolt was a little too long!