Wiring Pic Needed

Hello All,

Taking full advantage of what I'm told is to be a rain & work free weekend I can push my car out from the garage onto the driveway where I can fully open both doors, then contort myself up and under the dashboard to tidy up the wiring loom before I can move forward with much else.

I need the following pics if anyone can help.....RHD car.

A, location of where the plug connecting both front & rear harnesses should be.

B, location of where the branches of the harnesses should be at the left & right side of the heater.

C, Where the reverse switch wiring and overdrive loom exit the gearbox tunnel.

If I can get this done to tidy up the slack, fit the dashboard, wire up the gauges etc, then I can try and start the thing on Sunday.

Fingers crossed someone has the pics out there.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard, sorry no pics but:-

1. Plug for harnesses front and back are passenger side , about middle of A post, usunally behind the card thats covering the left hand side of passenger footwell
  2. Cant remember but I think one each side with the wiring for the wipers etc being on the side nearest the driver
  3. both exit front top of gearbox cover slightly on the drivers side, i.e. not quite in the middle, usunally can be a bit tight (the wiring that is)

Hopefully someone will have pics

Good luck and do inform all how you get on (sun is out....)

Regards

Robin

This may help a bit.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Thanks,

Robin, do both the reverse & overdrive harnesses exit the same hole (must cut new gearbox tunnel)?

Stuart, is that pretty much how it should sit prior to bending tight the retaining tabs, (pics now printed for quick/easy reference)?

Richard.

Richard

You need to place the loom in the correct place. The passenger side forward of the B post, is where the connector goes. Ensure the wires then reach the drivers footwell for dip beam and yes the overdrive and reversing light go through the same hole in the tunnel.

Best way of getting this right is wire the dip beam switch first.

WOW that's yellow !

A true contender for parking up at Arlington Row in Bibury

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-39466453