Turn key racer or grand tourer

I was looking at a couple of A35 Academy cars back in the Spring, being prepared in a good race shop.

Neither made the cut for Goodwood, despite having cost well in excess of £60K apiece . . . . .

Expensive game, but no doubt the organisers are making loadsamoney . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

That is indeed Olde ValueForMoney - still for sale - certainly not a racer !

Now with illuminated and working gauges !

An academy car could indeed take £40-60k to prepare.

Pretty sh*te built ones sell for 25-30, but the Jordan's car (v good, went for £39) (cost £50+ to build)

The guy who ran my Formula Ford has run a couple - parts quality is terrible, engine build quality average and all parts are over-priced.

A nice idea not quite working. They are milking their appearance at Goodwood and Silverstone this year - but not for me, esp as Goodwood force a racing driver in it who might kill it, whilst Siverstone are forcing you to accept a 'celebrity' driver for one of the two races (force you to accept a celeb who has limited race experience. limited sympathy for YOUR car !!!!! - who buys that?????)

Twice the price of say historic formula ford for a fad that might die away in a few years as suppliers fall away.

If I were looking at a 'Racey A' it wouldn't be one limited to the academy regs :ph34r: