Hardtop (Original)

I bought a 6 about 20 yrs ago which was the 21st from last built, it was Topaz. A hard top only car. Roof had never been off

I also bought a Pimento 6 a few years ago with only 13k mileage and a 1 owner, had a hard top which I still have and is like new

A factory hard top absolutely transforms a 6 as far as I'm concerned, I love the look and I love the way they drive

Too far gone for me, not looking for resto project. Chrome finishing pieces are missing, no fitting brackets, welding required, but looks one of the better ones I've seen for sale.

Hi everyone,

My 73 CR TR6 was supplied new with the factory hard-top which is still fitted today. The car also has a blue mohair soft-top although rarely fitted as prefer the rarity and looks of the hard-top.

Best Regards, Peter

Hi Guys,

Decided to refurbish my Hardtop which came with my car as a restoration project, but has been hanging up in my garage for the last 12 years. The top is in very sound condition with a good headlining, but needs a paint job to match the Sapphire Blue of my car.

I will need to replace the window glass rubber seals as although they might do they have deteriorated and will stand out against the new paint job.

I know Moss do replacement seals at a high price, but is there another source of the particular shape used available from any of the seal suppliers. Woolies dont seem to keep anything like it?

Also, I see Moss do the chrome finishers around the rear corners, but not the side and rear chrome finishers. Mine are all missing. I am wondering if its the same width as the finisher along the outer cills, either early or late cars. TheTR shop sell this finisher in Stainless so could be cut down to suit, maybe?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Rich