starting issue fuel pump voltage

is it possible that when i turn the ignition switch and the starter spins, I'm losing full voltage to the fuel pump and hence difficult starting? Occasionally the car catches as the starter motor stops? and tone of the pump operation changes?

If so is that where a relay to the fuel pump circuit helps?

just a thought

steve

Steve,

Not only a feed to the pump, but check out the earthing at the pump end to complete the circuit - just a simple push connector onto a tag on the body panel amongst the lighting wiring. If you are running a heavier power lead also run a heavy earth wire at the same time. Wire is only a few pence per meter.

Alan

Hi Steve

I changed the feed and the earth at the pump.I used12v 30amp rated cable from halfords, I also put a 30 amp inline fuse on the feed to the pump, or you can use the internet there are loads of suppliers out there

Tony Thompson (TThompson on here) did this diagram for me I also positioned the relay with a spare just incase in the engine bay.you can also wire it so the inertia switch still works, Im sure some one will be able to point you in the right direction with that, also drop TT a message he will guide you further ;)

image_zpsvkfismfy.jpeg

IMG_1099_zpsfpp3vjz8.jpg

Edited by Clarkey