Stuart

Thanks for the tip, I only hope I can buy that powder in Spain, it is bad enough trying for molydisulphide grease here. Is it freely available over there? and if so where can I get it? as I don´t think the usual TR boys like TR Bitz keep it.

Dave

Hello Dave

Try Amazon.es

https://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Ddiy&field-keywords=grafito+en+polvo

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

If you have the original type of toggle switch they can jam internally so that although the switch appears to operate the mechanism inside does not. Easy to dismantle, clean, add drop of oil and reassemble.

Mike

Hi Mike

I don´t think it was the toggle switch, as it was the solenoid that was permanently engaged and would not release automatically. I had to remove my inspection plate and jiggle with the operating shaft to get the solenoid to let go. Being 1000 miles from home I did not want to chance trying to use the O/D, it was only through an accident when toggling the wrong switch (the O/D and not my indicator toggle next to it) that I found that it operated again THANKFULLY.

Interestingly enough I have just done my figures for the trip to work out MPG that I found very little difference in the two with or without O/D the only difference being in journey time because of the slower speed for the same RPM.

Dave

Thanks Dave but I can´t work out how to place an order from the Spanish Amazon, so it will be easier to use Amazon U.K. as I do have an account with them.

Dave

Thanks Dave but I can´t work out how to place an order from the Spanish Amazon, so it will be easier to use Amazon U.K. as I do have an account with them.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Your log in details for your Amazon account will also log you in for all of Amazon sites.. The only difference being you will have to add your Spanish card for buying in Euros..The buying process is exactly the same for all, it is easy.

I use Amazon.co.uk, .es. and .de the Google Automatic translate makes it easier for Spain and Germany.

Hope this Helps,

Dave from Spain.