123 distributer cap (problems)

On returning from irland I noticed the car wasn't running so well

after an inspection I noticed that that the centre pin of the distributer had burnt away,

this is probably due to some sort of electrical resistance after doing some reading on the subject

I noted that the distributer rotor has a resistor set into it, could this be the cause of the problem

cheers pink

I have not had a problem with the Bosch caps but I did have a rotor arm completely self-destruct last year. I found that it was a common problem with some of the rotor arms but never tracked down the exact cause. So I just make sure I always have a spare cap and rotor in the trunk.

rotor-arm_zpswpypyrh3.jpg

Use Distributor Doctor for all your ignition bits.

Sorry to hear of your problem pink. I have had a 123 set up on my 4A for over nine years now. It has never given the slightest problem - I changed the distributor cap and rotor arm after about 40,000 miles, just as a precaution, both still looked in good condition and I have them in the boot as emergency spares. the central e;pectrode in the cap was slightly worn but otherwise perfectly OK.

I suggest you contact 123 ignition in The Netherlands direct, I did this with some queries before I bought my kit and found Albert very helpful.

Tim

+1 I found that the rotor cap had lost the locating lug on the inside

Contacted 123 in Holland and they e-mailed the rotor cap details.

Found them on the net quite economically

Michael