Repairing small crack in dash top

Hi Folks,

I have a small crack in the black vinyl on the righthand side just below the air vent.

What folk used to repair this - can it be repaired.

Had a look on ebay for loctitie vinyl weld but there is none.

Roger

Roger

A per previous post in 'At the Bar' have a watch of this, they do manage to repair the dashboard perfectly but unfortunately the repair process changes the colour of the dashboard. I think the challenge will be to work out what colour to spray your dashboard before repair so that it ends up black after the repair.

On a more serious note think TR shop have the crash pads in stock if you decide to replace.

ATB Graham

Car S.O.S.: Volvo P1800
The boys are off to Croydon, South London, to rescue a star car synonymous with the cult 1960s TV series 'The Saint' - the 1964 Volvo P1800.

there are vinyl/silcone/etc repair kits that allow you to fill the crack and and press a vinyl patterned cloth on to the goop while it sets.

If you have a black dash you are larfing 'cos you can use one of the hardware store silicones.

Did some small cracks in my black dash this way and am happy with the result (looks better than the crack did.0

(However as you know I now wear reading glasses)

Roger,

On occasion i have repaired such damage with polyurethane sealer (upol tiger seal) Seems to do the trick for me

Tom

Roger.

I have a half used tube of black polyurethane sealer which will eventualy go off - you are welcome to it.

Going to Redhill on drive it day ? I could bring it along.

Bob.