Hi

A few years ago I bought a relatively cheap spot welder for around 250 quid. No tech spec no manual etc.etc.

I knew it was a Chinese copy but as it was just an extra "boys toy" that I only had occasional use for I was not too worried.

Only used it a couple of times in the past on my current TR2 project I have found it quite useful for some things but it can only just cope with 1mm steel, has no timer etc and is a bit hit and miss so am looking to possibly replace but these things are dear and extension arms are very expensive and I have 2 sets with my current unit.

As I am using 1.2mm steel for most of the body I need something a bit more substantial if I want to spot weld it so am looking at the Clarke CSW 13T.

Rated for 2mm=2mm.

Looking at tech spec can't see dimensions for the arms and wondering if those I have could be used with this so wondering if anyone has one, can give an objective view of this unit and also tell me the diameter of the arms.

Thanks

Steve

Last time I needed one was welding new chassis rail panels. Could have plug welded but ....

I hired one. Had to wait a few days, as they didn't keep one on the shelf. Most satisfactory, and saved a lot for a rarely used tool.

Having said that, I see a used Clarke one on eBay for £250.

John

Thanks John.

The only used I can see on Ebay are the TSW6 which is only OK for 2x1mm and can buy that brand new for 380 with discount code.

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

I have a Clarke CSW6T that has been fine for thin sheet

Perhaps not of much help but the arms OD = 20mm

Electrode OD = 12mm

If you are going for the bigger welder give your local Clarke shop a ring I have always found them helpful.

Paul

Pete

Yep, supply is sorted.

Dealt with that last year when I bought a rather large blasting cabinet and then had to get a semi industrial compressor to run it so 40amp dedicated supply installed. which can share.

(for Gods sake, Don't tell the wife why the bills are so high!)

Steve

Paul

Coincidentally Machinemart running a vat free sale at the moment so less20% for this.

Steve

Paul

Coincidentally Machinemart running a vat free sale at the moment so less20% for this.

Steve

How's he going to get power for a spot welder from a VAT free compressor ? (which is what the current Machine Mart VAT free offer is on ) ;)

Mick Richards

"He" is here guys.

I have a discount code sent through to me that I can apply to a purchase but that is not important nor what I asked at the start of this thread.

I just wondered if anyone had one of those units, if they had any real experience of owning one, and if anyone knew the diameter of the arms.

Discounts and prices I can sort out myself.

Steve