Windscreen Wiper Rubber

2 out of 3 tex wipers failed on me almost immediately - the retailer replaced no question, couldn't be bothered to ask for another when the second failed straight away. Tex never responded to the question as to whether they were in the middle of a bad batch. The std Moss ones i put back on have lasted longer.

Maybe the Tex rubber compound has changed (as have most modern rubber items) for the worse since mine were fitted 8 years/32,000 miles ago and well used!

Also fitted them on Lynda's TR4A about the same time with no problems although we only had the car for a few years.

Thanks for your replies. I think my failed ones are Tex........off to Revingtons......the trouble is I won't come away with just the blades

Hi Andrew,

I had the same problem with the Tex blades a few years ago (as well as the other usual suppliers) ... but then discovered a much better alternative.

Have a quick look at this link to a thread on the TR forum (post number 4) for details.

All the best and good luck,

Cheers, Deggers