Cobex replacement

Peter,

The hardest task is sewing the front edge of the screen between the two sides of the vinyl cover.

When I recovered my sidescreens, I brought them to a sail maker who was able to sew through the material. However the sewing machine did not reach up to the corners, and I had to finish the job manually.

Hence, in the limit the sewing of the whole front edge can be done manually, drilling first the holes in the cobex and later threading across the vinyl with a suitable needle. This manual procedure is perhaps even recommendable in case that you do not find a trustworthy and skilled worker.

Jesús

If & when I have to replace mine I would use a polycarbonate sheet. very tough, & clear.

Bob.

+1. Polycarbonate is a very good choice. It's what The Roadster Factory uses for their in-house rebuilds and rebuilder parts.

Here's their list of parts:

http://trf.zeni.net/wc/specials11.20/index.php?menu=&page=15

Here's what the PC sheet looks like on my sidescreens.

i-4ZvMN2c-X2.jpg

i-4TQsKvG-X2.jpg

Whatever material you use try and keep the ally/rubber stiffener strip as they are unobtanium now.

Stuart.