I wish to fit a new rubber seal to the boot opening of my 3A. Is there an adhesive that I can apply to the body only and not the rubber seal? Applying adhesive to the rubber seal causes the seal to stick

to itself and is impossible to fit!

Tom.

There are all kinds of weatherstripping adhesives that should work, Tom. I like 3M products -- they always work as expected. Here's one of several versions in their line.

http://3mauto.com/3m-super-weatherstrip-adhesive-08008.html

3m-super-weatherstrip-adhesive-08008.jpg

Yes a tricky one. I have used evostick, but found that it did not stick to the paint very well, currently the seal is simply pushed into the channel, & it does seem to stay there. Will be interested in you end results & conclusions

Bob.

I always use this glue http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1263-heat-resistant-adhesive.aspx

As you need to be able to position the rubber without it all sticking together apply it to about 6" at a time and then put into place before it goes tacky. Use masking tape to hold it as you work your way round the opening and leave to go off.

Stuart.

I tried evostick and it started to melt the paint !!!

I then turned to Woolies 178 - made a right F mess of it, bought some more rubber and got help second time around !

Still there.

178 is great, upside trim on the hardtop is still stuck up there despite the french cobbles