Alternative Seats

Does anybody know if the Revington/Rigard(?) seats let you sit lower in the car than the MX5 ones ? I have MX5 'tombstones" in my car at the moment and I have 'modified them to get as lower seating position as I'm able to, the runners are bolted directly to a flat steel plate that pick up the original seat mounts and because of this I had to take a hammer to the seat base to get it to clear the floor to allow adjustment for and aft. The carpet and underlay have already been cut away so the frame goes straight on the floor pan. So I know I can't get them any lower, but I still feel like Ed China driving the Spitfire on wheeler dealers !………………. if not might have to revert back to the standard seats

Cant help on the MX5 seats but I do have the Ridguard seats in my 6. The high point at the seat front is about 9 ins from the floor and the mid point of the seat base is about 5 ins from the floor. They are lower than the MOss replacements. With a bit of fiddling Im sure you could get the front of the seats to be an 1 ins or so lower. Pics of my seats in so you can identify

TR6postresto026.jpg

Niall I'm 6'2"but I'm guessing its the dreaded middle age spread and my big backside thats giving me the unwanted 'lift' :wacko:

Im 6.4" and I have MX seats in my 4 and fit no bother with the Technicalities brackets, what I have found is that some of those seats when re-built/re-covered are too padded in the base which will mean you sit higher. Mine are as original and dont have a very thick base.

The Revington seats arent good if you are large in the hind quarters as Martin (Dizzy Doc) has found out!

Stuart.

I have the ridgard rally seats in my 4 and they are quite a bit lower than my old standard seats. Mrs 4Mal thinks they are probably the most comfy seats in our little fleet.

Niall I'm 6'2"but I'm guessing its the dreaded middle age spread and my big backside thats giving me the unwanted 'lift' :wacko:

6.2 That's not Big we call that Largish.

Have you the Seats back as far as they can go as in hitting the Base of the Wheel Arch if not you need to figure out why,if you have a Roll Bar fitted it restricts the Recline but you could also Adjust the Steering Wheel position to give the feeling of more Room.

I've Roll Hoops fitted and they restrict the recline but I've adjusted the Steering Wheel to overcome this,at 6ft I have no problem with Room,Hope this Helps.