wheel Arch Liners - Fitting

Is the fact that there's waxoyl on the arches the reason for the question? If so there's not a problem except that I would have used Dinitrol 3125 then fitted the protectors, but that's not a problem either.

Edited by peejay4A

Hi Steve,

you could use three or four rivnuts in the wheel arch. This allows simple removal when needed.

I used a weak mastic, rather than the rivnuts, to hold them in place with a simple upholstery clip at each end.

You need a rubber seal on the outer edge against the wing.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Evening Guy,

They are the Revington ones. Could you be a bit more detailed on how you fitted them.

Thanks Steve

Steve

Will try

You will see there is a scribed line cut onto the edge of the fibreglass.

All I did was fit the liner, and adjust it by cutting towards the scribbed line with a 4 inch disc cutter with sanding flap disc on it, dont forget dust mask. Plus you need to allow for the rubber that seals against inside of the wing.

First one took me an hour, rest twenty minutes each.

Its a matter of sanding towards scribbed line, try it, sand it, try it.etc.

Finalised fitting, I did with rivnuts, on the rear three rivnuts where the internal wing panel meets at the bottom at front and back of arch. Front same sort of thing.

Might have photos on other computer, if you want them, thwts if I can find them, pm me your email, and I will have a look tomorrow

Cheers

GUY

Guy have you still got the pics I sent you for reference as they should help him.

Stuart.

Steve

You have e mail

Cheers

Guy

Love the new picture Guy of us at a very wet Harrogate! I must have taken this one at the same time.

Stuart.

photo1832_zpsdeq21jni.jpg

Edited by stuart

Indeed.

Strange the photo you show above is different, my original doesn't show Emmas car.

don't know whats happened there, hate photobucket recently

DOOOOOH , silly me just re read your post

cheers

GUY

Edited by Jersey Royal