2 x TR5 for auction ....

The wedgewood blue one sold for £33,600. Not sure if this included buyers premium, assume not.

Up for sale at a dealer in Bicester now for near on £40K!

6097110.jpg

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAAahUKEwjS0qifrpTGAhUDjtsKHffJClU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbicestersportscars.co.uk%2F&ei=MyqAVZLtBYOc7gb3k6uoBQ&usg=AFQjCNHvh8bMc4GI8sQ47WxmBORG8Gu00w&bvm=bv.96041959,d.ZGU

Edited by Gary Flinn

Just had to happen didnt it, its a shame an enthusiast didnt take it home......well Snowy its like this "Too many cars and not enough time ", should put that on a T shirt.

The LHD one was cheap, i was in Cirencester Partying, but not sure i am up for converting a Wreck !

Cheers,

Conrad.

Hasnt even got a spare wheel cover :o

Stuart.

well, if we are going to be hyper-critical:-

the rear offside door gap looks narrow at the bottom

the wiper switch appears to not have 'centre-off'

the lower sill panel [below chrome strip] should be black

the door mirrors appear to be upside-down

broken rubber boot [to clutch pedal]

the gap between the '2500' badge and marker lamp- seems little large?

wrong temperature gauge perhaps?

the vent flap looks ''skew-if''

...but, it doesn't seem too bad a dealer mark-up actually

These things would not bother me particularly and I don't currently own one - I just [sadly] notice these things...

Edited by mehere

Looks like BCS have bought the Jasmine one at Anglian Auction too?

6126179.jpg

Sold for £31,500 up now for £39,850.00!! :(

Edited by Gary Flinn

In the photo of the passengers seat through the open door you can clearly see the joins between the A post and the sill and the B post and the sill. Both the joins to the top of the sill and the joins between the bottom flanges of the posts and the sill. Is this correct finishing? Shouldnt these seams be seam welded and or finished better than this? Just curious.

Thanks

Sean

Sean

The two seams do look a bit unfinished!

If you look at the Red Concours TR6 they also have for sale, this is probably more like it?

If this Car is the one sold at Anglian Classsic car auctions (I'm 99% sure it is) then this car was a private restoration, so may not have been finished to factory Spec.

I'm not a big fan of Jasmine Yellow, so won't be viewing ths one anyway.

Gary

The seams look right to me ( I have (2) TR250s with original sills ).

The main detractor for me is the unpainted wing bead and front wing fasteners. Steering wheel looks original; these are quite rare, with restored ones wearing black leather covers instead of brown. Original Rostyle hubcaps and the later 5-1/2" wheels are quite rare now too ( some might say mercifully so! ). Both of these examples have air valves on the inlet manifolds, technically incorrect if preferable. Very good boot lid gaps on the Jasmine example; Wedgwood one more typical. Original badges on both, complete with pitting.

I for one am not sad to see the prices at this level, still well shy of concours restoration costs but closer than before.

Jasmine is last for me too, though this 2012 Malvern example was seductive:

MALVERNIWE2012045-1.jpg

Cheers,

Tom