What to do with this bit of exposed floor/sill area ?

As I test fit the carpet and trim it is apparent that the area outlined in red below is not going to get covered by anything. What do people normally do with this bit ?. If I had known it would not get covered up I would have paid more attention to the plug welds when I fitted the floor. The wheel arch covers could have gone better also but they are well and truly stuck now so that is all water under the bridge for this resto.

IMAG0092%201_zps0keyg7pg.jpg

Covered mine in vinyl and made trim panel lower edge sit level with top edge of cill.

That's a good option, thanks. I have more spare vinyl than I have spare carpet. My trim panel does indeed stop at the top edge of the sill, I wonder why they did not just continue it down to the floor..

Stan

They were always like that Stan, bit of vinyl stuck on that bit before fitting quarter panel trim and carpets, usually better to fit before the stainless inner rocker cover too.

Stuart.

I had to work to even see this panel on my car, Stan. With both seats all the way back (in fact, more than all the way back in my tall-guy modified car), these panels could be painted Day-Glo yellow and they'd still be hard to see.

Triumph didn't worry too much about welds in unseen areas, so you're probably overthinking this, IMO. (smile)

That said, my trimmer did cover them with a piece of vinyl.

i-cnJNFRF-X2.jpg

i-8rnBZRG-X2.jpg

Thanks guys. I think what I will do is stick some padding either side of the seat belt anchor bracket to bring everything to the same level and then cover this area with vinyl as Don shows with the top trapped under the trim panel, one end trapped under the stainless sill trim and the bottom edge trapped under the carpet.

Stan.

Aiming for a good 5 footer Guy and still hoping to drive it this summer before the five year anniversary of the start of this two year project.

Stan

My 3a is living in a carcoon, awaiting front wing completion and fitment, respray and refit.Been busy rebuilding a classic mini for my stepdaughter, for which I now wait for a rebuilt gearbox to arrive, engine back in, road test job done.

Then the Tr3 is back in the garage, your recent photos have rekindled my enthusiasm to get her done , so thank you

Cheers

Guy

Stan

My 3a is living in a carcoon, awaiting front wing completion and fitment, respray and refit.Been busy rebuilding a classic mini for my stepdaughter, for which I now wait for a rebuilt gearbox to arrive, engine back in, road test job done.

Then the Tr3 is back in the garage, your recent photos have rekindled my enthusiasm to get her done , so thank you

Cheers

Guy

I wondered what happened to your TR3 Guy, we haven't seen it for a while but will look forward to some updates once you get back into that project.