Last weekend was racing at Zandvoort on.

Jon Ellison and his TR6 from UK showed up.

He was really really fast and finished on first position on race 1 + 2.

Me was too slow. I needed some rain to get more in front:

V quick and getting to what looks like 7 in o/d top

If you won the first 2 races do you have a video if the third wet race - which would have been a bigger challenge in the more powerful car?

In either event what was the result?

enthusiastic spectator

Michael

V quick and getting to what looks like 7 in o/d top

If you won the first 2 races do you have a video if the third wet race - which would have been a bigger challenge in the more powerful car?

In either event what was the result?

enthusiastic spectator

Michael

Actually I was 2nd in the second race. Past on the line on penultimate lap by V8 Morgan (fun dice for 2 or 3 previous laps trying to keep him back), but when I went for a gear at the end of the straight, clutch had gone so could not fight back over last lap!! Limped rround in 2nd gear to finish 2nd.

Did not bother repairing clutch for last race, did not fancy 3-4 hour under car doing it when only that to next race anyway. Best kicking back :)

Not sure of the result of the 3rd race. My car would have been OK in that one but very peaky power so would have demanded full attention!

That was about 6800 in OD 3rd on the straight (never used top all weekend).

Edited by jellison

John,

See on the official results you were given huge penalties in the races, 1st on the track but.........

What happened?

I was running AP calipers and and larger (but solid) discs (what we can run in the 2 common series TR's run in in the UK - Thoroughbreds and Swinging Sixties). Triumph Competition run to std front brakes rules.

No standing on the podium :( Next time I'll dig the std stuff out of a box. I don't think it would have made a huge difference on a <30 min race. Good fun though :). Same for Joe Henderson at Hockenheim for the 1st Triumph Competition last month.

Edited by jellison

Tonight the crank slept in a relieve oven.

Good idea I had mine in a long time gas nitriding process for 20 hours.

That was the Buick crank with 98mm stroke but very weak on all journeys.

Seem to be not the best material they used on those engines...

You have to stay at the 4 litres?

Must be a great fun to swap to a 90mm stroke crank on that engine!

New standard brakes on joes for spa. & 6" wheels. Also hope to have a bit more engine power & more reliable

I might do one of their later in the year (last at Dijon - will have 6j's and std brakes if I do it), had to cancel SPA (as clashed with a big number birthday for the wife that weekend), would have been a good race with Joe, but I was going to take my TVR for that one. Not sure Joe needs more power!